So this is what I have so far. I have no experience with illustrator (or photoshop. I managed to avoid taking digital imaging for 4 years) so I'm struggling a little bit. My plan it to make the teapot into a turtle and have some sea life in the background. 


I was having a hard time tracing the teapot and have a cohesive fill, there would be some parts that were white and others that were grayscale and I couldn't figure out how to completely close the form. I also don't know how the make the negative space in the handle transparent. My other teapot is traced better this is a secound try. I'm hoping to clear things up after meeting with Ed on Monday. 


So pretty rough but I definitely plan on improving it greatly. 

Comments

  1. I love your concept, it is really good. Also, for this to be a rough draft, it looks really nice. I can't wait to see what your final piece looks like, I will also be looking at your blog again to see your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing great and your meeting with Ed should help so don't give up. I love the concept and I'm excited to see what you end up making! Maybe you could work some with layers to add more details or even possibly trace a turtle shell pattern and put it on your teapot? Good luck and I know you'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like your concept is really cute and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I'm also having trouble filling in my shapes for that exact same reason, so hopefully the confusion can be cleared up for the both of us. Also, I'm new to the Creative Cloud as well and technology in general is sort of intimidating for me. I feel like I've already learned so much though, and looking at your WIP I think you have too! Goodluck :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts